Having a natural yard is a different lifestyle from having a lawn. While it may not be the right choice for everyone, it can be the source of a lot of enjoyment.
When you have a natural yard…
- A hawk swoops into your tree while you are eating dinner.
- A mother rabbit plays with her baby right outside your window.
- It is not unusual to look outside and see a dozen animals moving around.
- Because the scene is always changing, you find yourself looking out your window as though you have never seen that view before.
- You find yourself using the yard as an extra living room.
- While you are doing so, birds and chipmunks come within feet of you.
- Your dinner table features foods that were harvested minutes ago.
- You can go on vacation without worrying about who will take care of the yard, because it takes care of itself.
- Rain and snow become gifts.
- So do fallen leaves. Money does grow on trees.